Date: 12/31/18 3:17 pm
From: <clearwater...>
Subject: [obol] Re: [midvalleybirds] Update on refuge closures due to government shutdown
That would be my interpretation too, and I haven't heard otherwise through the grapevine. Presumably if you use the trails that are normally open in this season (i.e. not goose-closure areas) that should be OK.

On the other hand, I'd imagine that "presence of a federal employee" could start to be seen as a necessity if there is damage to the resources/infrastructure. For example, the couch-dumping incident that I mentioned at McFadden.

So I'd encourage responsible NWR users to take some ownership of the situation, and keep an eye open for criminal or destructive behavior that might lead to more general restrictions.