Date: 12/29/18 4:25 pm
From: 'Stephen Whitney' via NHBirds <nhbirds...>
Subject: [NHBirds] CBC Laconia, Coastal Sector: Raptors, including Bald Eagle
During Laconia CBC saw today around noon at Belknap Point AKA Lincoln Park, Gilford
an Adult Bald Eagle soaring high up.  Well beyond Welch Island. Perhaps near Sandy Island.  Could easily ID with binoculars as a mature adult,  but far enough out that I needed my scope to confidently see white head.
https://ebird.org/hotspot/L2497329
Did not see the Great Horned Owl recently seen at Prescott Farm.
But early morning got a nice view of a soaring red-tailed hawk South of the Rte 3 bridge and just inland of the Weirs Beach Post Office/Logs of Fun parking lot.