Date: 12/28/18 1:32 pm
From: Andrew Block via CTBirds <ctbirds...>
Subject: Re: [CT Birds] Boreal owl??
If it sounded like a Boreal it was not a Saw-whet for sure.  I've heard many Saw-whets and none of them ever sounded like a Boreal.  The Boreal's song is much faster as Adrian said.  With this influx of Barred's down here this winter there is no reason it couldn't have been a Boreal.
Andrew Andrew v. F. Block
Consulting Naturalist
20 Hancock Avenue, Apt. 3
Yonkers, Westchester Co., New York 10705-4629
www.flickr.com/photos/conuropsis/albums