Date: 12/27/18 3:13 am
From: 'Mike Bowen' via Maryland & DC Birding <mdbirding...>
Subject: Re: [MDBirding] Varied Thrush eBird hotspot and the rules
Jim:
To Merge your Personal Location with the Hotspot:
1.  Go to My eBird
2.  Click on Manage My Locations
3.  Select the Personal Location you used by its name (scroll down the list or use the search box)
4.  On the extreme right-hand column, click Edit
5.  On the Google map that is displayed, your Personal Location shows as a green "balloon"
6.  Click on Merge, the third button above the map; the Hotspot will show up as a red "balloon" (you may have to zoom in to find it)
7.  Click on "Merge" in the rectangular box on the left above the map; you can safely leave the box that asks "Delete after Merging" checked; you won't lose any data since your checklist is now associated with the Hotspot.

8. Click "Yes" on the "Are you Sure? box
That's it.
Mike BoweneBird Hotspot Reviewer for Maryland

D. H. Michael Bowen
8609 Ewing Drive
Bethesda, Maryland 20817Phone/fax: (301) 530-5764

On Wednesday, December 26, 2018, 11:27:29 PM EST, JAMES SPEICHER <jugornought...> wrote:

1. Merging is done how?

2. I had a recent issue of my "preferences" being set to convey only
the species info, not the comments section when others looked at my
checklists.  So comments with the species is probably safest unless
you know how your preferences are set.

Jim S