Date: 12/25/18 10:13 am
From: Matthew via CTBirds <ctbirds...>
Subject: Re: [CT Birds] Northern Goshawk - Fairfield
Sam,

I was also hesitant to call my Goshawk from Milford without obtaining photos and only having a detailed written description. However, the individual you photographed is of the exact same bird that I had at Milford, which is only across the river from Long Beach where you had yours. I noted the heavy damaged tail feathers, and your photos demonstrate that perfectly.

Great find!

-Matt Bell
Connecticut Audubon Society EcoTravel