Date: 12/25/18 3:46 am
From: mresch8702 via NHBirds <nhbirds...>
Subject: [NHBirds] Fwd: [Maine-birds] White Pelican in Falmouth, ME, 12/24 PM
Cross-posting this to the NH and ME listserves.  A (the?) White Pelican was seen in Falmouth, ME in the afternoon of the 24th.  The last eBird post of the Pelican in New Castle, NH on the 24th was at 11 AM.  Likely the same bird, but then again, the Maine location is more than 50 miles from its New Castle location (as the Pelican flies).  Did anyone see it on the afternoon of the 24th in New Castle?
Here's what I think is the chronology of the recent Pelican sightings -
12/9 - sitting in York County, ME marshes12/9 - PM - last seen flying south from York County12/10 - Webhannet River, Wells, ME12/11 -  Odiorne, Rye, NH (20 miles from Wells)12/14-24 AM - New Castle, NH12/24 - PM - Falmouth, ME (50 miles from New Castle, 30 miles from Wells)
What if there have been 2 birds all along - the bird seen flying south on the 9th has taken up residence in New Castle (and Odiorne), NH, while a second bird has remained in Wells and now Falmouth, ME.
Just a few general thoughts on White Pelicans on this early Christmas morning...
Merry Christmas!

Mike Reschwww.statebirding.blogspot.comPepperell, MA