Date: 12/24/18 3:53 pm
From: a w <antpitta6...> [ILbirds] <ILbirds-noreply...>
Subject: IBET No sighting - taxonomy question
I am trying to organize notes for ebird from Dr. Wallace Craig (1876-1954). His observations from Hyde Park circa 1899 included mention of “Merula” species battling an Eastern Kingbird. Does anyone know what merula might have been in 1899? I am guessing it underwent taxonomic changes since then. Today, the only merula I can find is Turdus merula, the Eurasian Blackbird. Any help appreciated.

Allan Welby
Ridgefield,CT

Posted by: a w <antpitta6...>

<*> Your email settings: