Date: 12/24/18 12:14 pm
From: mresch8702 via NHBirds <nhbirds...>
Subject: [NHBirds] Swamp Sparrow and Winter Wren in Hollis (too), 12/24
Like Pam Hunt, I too found a Swamp Sparrow and a Winter Wren (though just 1) today.  Mine were in Hollis while scouting my territory for Saturday's Nashua/Hollis CBC.  In my 17 years birding this territory I've only had 1 Swamp Sparrow and never had a Winter Wren.  Otherwise there were very few birds around.  As I always say - it's quality not quantity.
Saturday while scouting the small slice of my territory in MA I found a Sapsucker, Grackle and Great Blue Heron.  Those are 5 pretty good mid-winter species for this inland location.  Now if only all those birds stick around for Saturday...
Merry Christmas to all!

Mike Reschwww.statebirding.blogspot.comPepperell, MA