Date: 12/23/18 11:11 pm
From: Robert O'Brien <baro...>
Subject: [obol] Re: Great Gray Owl breeding territory nearest Portland--Clackamas County
Hi Tim et al. I have a long (& fuzzy) memory as well. What i recall is
that a GGOW was seen over several days along
an entrance road to Silver Falls State Park one long ago winter. This was
around the same time (not necessarily the same year)
that an amazing Louisiana Waterthrush was seen in the vicinity. is that
what you're talking about? As you, I have no
other OBOL memories for Clackamas County.

This would be in the OBOL archives BUT the Oregon Birding Association has
migrated with a new format to
oregonbirding.org and the old orbirds.org is 'gone'
There is not currently any link to the archives or any mention of OBOL at
all. Perhaps that's coming?
Google searching for OBOL Archives, I find only recent posts on the ABA
website and no archived posts at all.
Perhaps someone knows what's going on and where the OBOL archives are or
will reemerge, if at all.

As to eBird, as has been stated, for this sensitive species there are no
drop shaped 'points' so no specific information
about this owl is given, only general, fuzzy range areas.

Bob OBrien

Join us on Facebook!