Date: 12/21/18 5:28 pm
From: Hendrik Herlyn <hhactitis...>
Subject: [obol] Re: White Egret
For what it's worth, I checked out the Washburn egrets today and saw one
bird that looked noticeably smaller and shorter-billed than the surrounding
Great Egrets. Alas, the birds were too far away to get any decent looks at
the gape, let alone obtain usable photos. The egrets flew farther back into
the marsh before a couple carloads of other birders arrived.

Sally's new photos are certainly intriguing. I hope other people make it
out there and can get additional shots - we may yet be able to pin an ID on
this bird, after all!

Happy Christmas birding

Hendrik

--