Date: 12/20/18 4:25 pm
From: Ken Chamberlain <kjchamberlain...>
Subject: [RV Birds] OBA Wallowa Valley Field Trip - January 19 & 20
Oregon Birding Association- Wallowa Valley Field Trip, Wallowa, County.

Trip Leader: Ken Chamberlain

When: Saturday & Sunday, January 19 and 20, 2019.

Where: We will visit a variety of locations in the Wallowa Valley area as birds and weather allow. The trip will be based in Enterprise, Oregon.

Birds and site conditions: Wintering Wallowa Valley specialties are our targets; possible species include: Rough-legged Hawks, Bohemian Waxwings, American Tree Sparrows, Common Redpolls, Snow Buntings, Gray Partridges, Gray-crowned Rosy-Finchs, and Pine Grosbeaks, etc. as available.

This trip is a no-host weekend, limited to 12 attendees. We will start at 8 am Saturday morning in the Enterprise area. We will bird all day for targeted species in the Wallowa Valley. Sunday birding locations will be based on any remaining target birds and group consensus. We will bird all day, however attendees can depart as necessary during the day. Birding will be largely vehicle based, however some sites and stops can require walking in snow and up moderate grades for up to .5 miles.

Participants make their own arrangements for travel, lodging and food. We will have a group social and dinner Saturday evening.

Participants should be prepared for winter driving conditions on secondary roads. Packed show and ice will likely be encountered, all wheel drive (or 4x4) and winter tires are highly recommended. Carpooling is encouraged for travel to the site. The number of vehicles will be keep to a bare minimum while out birding. Please be prepared to share your vehicle or ride with others in the valley.

How to register: The trip is limited to 12 Oregon Birding Association members, online membership info at https://oregonbirding.org/join/ <https://oregonbirding.org/join/> Registration is required, registration form is at https://tinyurl.com/yc4wc8z5 <https://tinyurl.com/yc4wc8z5>
Please contact Ken Chamberlain with all questions or comments regarding this trip. kjchamberlain <mailto:<kjchamberlain...> AT comcast.net, FIVE03-819-3335.

Again, please excuse cross posting.