Date: 12/6/18 9:03 am
From: Diana Beatty <otowi33.33...>
Subject: Re: [cobirds] Do we want an RBA
Since the RBA report comes out every morning, how is it more timely than
Ebird reports entered after a day of birding? Some Ebird reports come up
much sooner, of course, and a regular post to COBIRDS comes up sooner, but
the daily RBA report as far as I know comes out every morning. Or is there
something else you're talking about - a different RBA report - or something
I'm missing? I don't think we're talking about getting rid of COBIRDS
altogether, but rather talking about the specific morning report since the
compiler is retiring and new volunteers are needed to take it over?

Diana Beatty
El Paso

On Thu, Dec 6, 2018 at 9:48 AM marimammoser <marimammoser...>
wrote:

> my vote is vehemently YES. With a handicapped wife my birding time is
> quite limited. I use the RBA *every day* to see what has been seen and to
> plan how to use the hour here or hour there to go check on birds that have
> been reported. I also check in Ebird but quite often the reporters do not
> post until they get home after a day's birding. To hear about an unusual or
> interesting bird late in the afternoon or evening or the next morning can
> be very frustrating when there could have been an opportunity for me to get
> out during the time the bird was originally being seen. I'm not sure if
> Ebird reporters can access the application from their smart phones and post
> while out in the field, but do know that Cobirders can. Having grown up
> with Cobirds since the 80's I would hate to see it go away.
>
> My two cents
> Joe Mammoser
> Fort Collins
>
> --
> https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/cobirds/<30c872e9-5ce2-46c9-ac4f-e75ef4d4661f...>
> <https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/cobirds/<30c872e9-5ce2-46c9-ac4f-e75ef4d4661f...>?utm_medium=email&utm_source=footer>
> .

******

All that is gold does not glitter, not all those who wander are lost; the
old that is strong does not wither, deep roots are not reached by the frost.