Date: 12/6/18 8:15 am
From: Bill Thurman <bill.masterofmusic...>
Subject: Re: Dicamba Action Alert
Just for the record, I left my comment and submitted it in order to get
anyone who has the power to ban this sick cancerous poison. It specifically
kills bees, birds, wildlife AND humans. Crittenden Co where I live has got
to be one of the worst poison counties in the state of Arkansas. A place
awash in soybean fields.

Bill Thurman

On Tue, Dec 4, 2018, 18:01 DAN SCHEIMAN <birddan...> wrote:

> ARBirders,
>

> http://ar.audubon.org/dicamba-comments
>

> Please use Audubon Arkansas's action alert to tell the AR State Plant
> Board to vote NO to extending the use of dicamba at their meeting this
> Thursday.
>

> Why are your comments on the herbicide dicamba needed now?
>

> In February, the Arkansas State Plant Board (ASPB) prohibited the
> application of dicamba on agricultural fields from April 16th through
> October 31st after receiving a record-breaking number of complaints
> alleging misuse and off-target effects. Now, despite its initial ruling and
> without any new scientific evidence, the ASPB’s Pesticide Committee has
> recommended extending use to June 15. Pesticide companies and politicians
> are behind this ploy. The ASPB needs to hear from you before they meet this
> Thursday to vote on the recommendation!
>

> Audubon Arkansas is against the use of dicamba past April 15. As the
> weather warms, this herbicide’s volatility increases, meaning even days
> later it can drift onto nearby native plants, which in turn can harm birds
> and pollinators. Harmful effects on honeybees have already been documented
> in Arkansas!
>

> Please submit comments by Thursday, December 6 at 12:00pm CT.
>

> Send a Comment to the AR State Plant Board by CLICKING THIS LINK!-
> http://ar.audubon.org/dicamba-comments
>

> Dan Scheiman
>
> Little Rock, AR

Join us on Facebook!