Date: 12/6/18 8:04 am
Subject: Re: Selection of Locations for Hotspots
One idea is to have a description of the hotspot with some details. I have
recently suggested hotspots which were accepted in South Carolina, yet an
incoming birder does not know how to bird that particular spot or have any
idea of any nuances about the site. If a short narrative could be added
for each hotspot, or certain hotspots, I think a short explanation would be
helpful. I would be willing to do it, and was going to do so when
suggesting the sites I did, but there was no opportunity to do that, and
the site was not accepted initially. Upon email contact with the editor,
it was accepted because of the additional information provided. If
pertinent information was provided to the hotspot editor at the time of
suggestion, and incorporated into the hotspot information, I think the
hotspot eBird functionality would be enhanced.

Craig Watson
Mount Pleasant, SC

--

*Hope is the thing with feathers that perches in the soul - and sings the
tunes without the words - and never stops at all.*

Craig Watson
Mount Pleasant, SC

Join us on Facebook!