Date: 12/4/18 10:58 pm
From: Tom McNamara <tmcmac67...>
Subject: [obol] Re: Bunting bumper cars
OBOL,

" the birds flew and Tom McNamara arrived." Indeed. Phrased with

For, despite many a driving trip up and then down that heaving waterbed of
a beach, I came up only 34 birds short of 3 dozen buntings. Did I see
birds of any sort? Yes. I saw a goodly flock of Dunlin ---2000+; a pile of
Sanderlings, a Peregrine "perched" at .0005" above sea level on the sand
about 3 meters from the incoming wave line and jealously clutching a former
living shorebird. Some gulls etc. ...but no flocks of buntings. Just as
Lars and Courtney and Ken C and some other folks were packing up their
optics I arrived and they, after many hours chasing and apparent good
views, split; it was, for them, obviously time to call it a day. And time
for me to do some sand cruising.

It was birding. It was fun. Barring leeches, skeeters and chiggers when
isn't our passion just that? And after the whole search I, at least,
avoided the dreaded Sturm und Drang of "what is this bird, in front of
me?" A pic for good times on the beach, the air ripe with salt and
expectancy.....

good birding, Tom

Join us on Facebook!