Date: 12/2/18 2:44 pm
From: Peter Flood <pomarine...>
Subject: Re: [MASSBIRD] Oiled birds - Newfoundland oil spill
This reminds me that I had an oiled Razorbill flying east to west past Race Point, Provincetown on November 21, 2018. This also being a species quite susceptible to such events and perhaps even came into the area from the waters off Newfoundland. I just uploaded a pic of this Razorbill here:

https://www.flickr.com/photos/9191812@N02/

I have not seen or heard of any other reports of oiled seabirds off Race Point. So far.....

Peter Flood
5 Hokum Rock Road
Dennis, MA
<pomarine...>

> On December 2, 2018 at 4:13 PM Barbara Volkle <barb620...> wrote:
>

> Here's an excellent story from the CBC on the recent oil spill in
> Newfoundland and the effect of oil on seabirds.
>

> https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/newfoundland-labrador/searose-spill-seabird-threat-1.4914730
>

> Barbara Volkle
>
> Northborough, MA
>
> <barb620...>