Date: 12/2/18 11:35 am
From: Jared Gorrell <jsgorrell...>
Subject: Re: B-L Kittiwake Carlyle Lake, ILLINOIS
Hi all,

I would like to state that both Don Mullison and I are not 100% now on the
ID of this gull we saw at different times at Carlyle Lake Spillway
yesterday due to some confusion. We have both withdrawn our IDs of
Black-legged Kittiwake on eBird, though on my own sighting I would
definitely say it was an unusual gull lacking marks on the yellow bill or
white on the wingtips. However, as I have never seen a Black-legged
Kittwake ever, I do not have enough confidence without photos to report one
on my own with the brevity of the sighting I had yesterday (up to about 40
feet away, but less than thirty seconds). I would like to personally
apologize if anyone bothered to chase it today and wasted their time doing
so.

Jared Gorrell
Jackson co IL
12/2/18

On Sat, Dec 1, 2018 at 5:20 PM Jared Gorrell <jsgorrell...> wrote:

> I refound it just before sunset.
>
> Jared Gorrell
> Clinton co IL
> 12/1/18
>
> On Sat, 1 Dec 2018, 3:43 pm Charlene Malone <2bbirdn...> wrote:
>
>> ILLINOIS bird
>>
>> B-L KITTIWAKE at Carlyle Lake, Clinton. co, ILLINOIS
>>
>> eBird list:
>>
>> https://ebird.org/view/checklist/S50347496
>>
>> Charlene Malone
>> St. L co.

>> ABA Birding Code of Ethics
>> http://www.aba.org/about/ethics.html

ABA Birding Code of Ethics
http://www.aba.org/about/ethics.html
ASM Spring Meeting: May 3-5, 2019 at Bunker Hill Retreat near Mountain View, MO