Date: 11/30/18 4:40 pm
From: Lars Norgren <larspernorgren...>
Subject: [obol] Re: Zen and the art of bluebird appreciation ... and CBCs
Karl Schenk's magpie photo recalled a book review l read last week. The
title "Nær fugler" is literally"near birds", a "nærbutikk" being a
convenience store. A book of stunning avian portraits, with this caption
for the magpie photo(my translation)"She is actually colossally pretty.
What one thinks is black is actually a deep,endless shimmer in all
directions: blue green erupting from the back, the tail glowing red hot,
flickering like grafitti."
Hun er egentlig kolossalt vakker. Det man tror er svart, er egentlig et
dypt, uendelig skimmer i alle retninger: grønblåbrytende rygg, rødbrennende
stjert, det flemrer som grafitti.

On Fri, Nov 30, 2018, 3:03 PM Alan Contreras <acontrer56...> wrote:

> I don’t have a photo but I once found a Bonaparte’s Gull foraging in a
> large dumpster in Newport. I have trouble calling that a trash bird, but….
>

> Alan Contreras
> <acontrer56...>
> Eugene, Oregon
>
> www.alanlcontreras.com
>

> On Nov 30, 2018, at 2:31 PM, Roy Lowe <roy.loweiii...> wrote:
>
> More trash birds
>
> Roy
>

>> POST: Send your post to <obol...>
>>
>> <145A9248sg.jpg>