Date: 11/30/18 3:03 pm
Subject: Correction of Ocracoke and Portsmouth Island CBCs
I reversed the dates in yesterday's post.
Ocracoke will be Dec. 30 and Portsmouth will be Dec 31.
These are RSVPs, especially for Portsmouth.
/Pete

There are lots of gulls on Ocracoke, especially at the South Point area.
It's been many years since I've seen so many here.
Mixed in with the Herring and Great Black-backs are lots of Lesser
Black-backed Gulls.
Also present were a large number of Laughing Gulls. Our local birds had
cleared out quite a while ago, so I suspect these are migrants from the
north.
The Portsmouth Island CBC is Dec. 30 and Ocracoke the 31st.
We have a nice tally party on the 31st featuring key lime and vegetarian
chili. Just ask Jeff Beane how good it is. ;-)
If anyone wants to do some birding on Ocracoke, feel free to contact me. I
have a beach-legal Jeep.
Regards
/Pete Vankevich cell/text 202-468-2871

Join us on Facebook!