Date: 11/29/18 4:09 pm
From: Eric <ericschuette...>
Subject: Clarence Cannon CBC- Dec 20th

Hello everyone!

Hope you are all had a great Thanksgiving and great start to the holiday season!! I wanted to let you know that this year the Cannon CBC will be held on Thursday Dec 20th. Please let myself or Bruce (<basch...>) know if you are interested in participating this year. As in recent years we have an earlier count date but that has also allowed for some interesting records (count week American Bittern, Black Crowned Night-Heron, Marsh Wren, Common Yellowthroat, Orange-Crowned Warbler, and Sandhill Crane all of which are unusual this far north in the winter).

The count does cover a number of public lands in both Missouri and Illinois including Clarence Cannon NWR, all 3 units of BK Leach conservation area, Prairie Slough conservation area, Plant Materials Center, Reds Landing conservation area (IL) and part of Two Rivers NWR (IL). It also covers a number of private lands and roads throughout the circle.

As always if you have a preference on the area you would like to cover please let us know and we will do our best to accommodate that. If you have any questions please let us know. Thanks for your help and hope everyone has a wonderful holiday season!!

Good Birding and Happy Holidays
Eric Schuette
Denver CO/Troy MO

ASM Website: http://mobirds.org/