Date: 11/29/18 1:53 pm
From: John Nelson <jnelson...>
Subject: [MASSBIRD] Brookline Bird Club Young Birder Scholarships
As a reminder, The Brookline Bird Club is again offering two
Young Birder Scholarships to nurture interest in bird study and
conservation among young birders. The 2019 scholarships will cover the full
cost ($1395) of the Coastal Maine Bird Studies for Teens program at
National Audubon’s Hog Island camp on *June* *16-21, 2019*. The cost
includes housing, boat travel, and all meals. Scholarship recipients will
be responsible for transportation costs to and from the camp.

Applicants must be New England residents, ages 14-17, and must
submit a written application and two letters of reference. Preference will
be given to applicants with individual or family BBC memberships. To be
considered a member, an applicant may join the club at the time of
application. All seven of our scholarship recipients have had tremendous
adventures at Hog Island. “I truly had an unforgettable experience at the
Hog Island camp,” wrote 2018 recipient Sam Mroz in a thank-you note to the
BBC, “and I would not have been able to attend without your sponsorship.”

Completed applications and references must be received by the
BBC by *January 15, 2019*. Selection and notification of recipients will be
completed by *February 15, 2019*. You can click on this link to download
the instructions for applicants and an application form:
https://www.brooklinebirdclub.org

John Nelson

Chair, BBC Conservation and Education Committee

Join us on Facebook!