Date: 11/29/18 10:46 am
Subject: Volunteers needed for shorebird surveys!
Volunteers needed for shorebird surveys!

Audubon South Carolina is helping with a research project involving shorebirds and human disturbance on the beach. The research is led by the Virginia Tech Shorebird Program. We are in the final stage of conducting surveys through this winter and need more volunteers with shorebird ID skills to help out! If you are interested in participating, please email me at <nschillerstrom...> and I will send you a quick questionnaire to place you on a survey.

Surveys will be conducted at Folly Beach Lighthouse Inlet Heritage Preserve and Sullivan's Island and consist of spotting and recording sightings of Red Knot, Wilson's Plover, Piping Plover, American Oystercatcher, and Semipalmated Sandpiper as well as counting disturbances such as dogs (on and off leash), people (moving and stationary), boats, and aircraft.

Best,

Nolan Schillerstrom
Coastal Program Coordinator
843.459.BIRD (2473)

Audubon South Carolina
635 Rutledge Ave., Suite 107
Charleston, SC 29403

sc.audubon.org<https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=http-3A__sc.audubon.org_&d=DwIFAw&c=imBPVzF25OnBgGmVOlcsiEgHoG1i6YHLR0Sj_gZ4adc&r=ymRCw6Q-sBitug_rdeO1Tokz-I_SX2LQN2_Ocvlal9U&m=EG4U2w3AOcEtvkGfh6xjZRGGwLeLa7p3iwoMxWE_jjw&s=GlL4deSisVNIlAhCVIUQANgMbvsdR3i6mSytjr9G0mQ&e=>

Join us on Facebook!