Date: 11/27/18 11:52 am
From: Chuq Von Rospach <chuqvr...>
Subject: Re: [southbaybirds] Some Sightings at Cuesta Park on 11/27/18
As long as it's not a white-throated sparrow I think this is awesome!

Chuq Von Rospach - http://www.chuqui.com
Email: <chuqvr...>
Twitter: @chuq
Silicon Valley, California

On November 27, 2018 at 11:36:00 AM, Vanslager via Groups.Io Frank (
vanslagerf=<aol.com...>) wrote:

All:

Today I was just trying to get a little exercise and, after a half-hour of
walking I think I'd only seen 2 species (but a lot of dogs) when suddenly a
flock of White-crowned Sparrows flew in. They were close, and I soon
spotted a possible White-throated Sparrow with a conspicuous supercilium.
When it turned to face me, showing its white throat, I scrambled to get my
camera out since I'd never before spotted a WTSP in Cuesta Park. But a dog
scampered towards the birds, and they all left.

Later, on this relatively bird-less morning, just north across Cuesta Drive
I spotted a Merlin perched in a tree, eating something. Since I'd never
seen a Merlin before in Cuesta Park I went out of my way to cross the
street and to take a photo (attached).

Frank Vanslager