Date: 11/27/18 10:41 am
Subject: Re: eBird Report - Mayo Lake--High Plains Rd., Dec 3, 2014
The Chair of the NC BRC, Nate Swick, just responded back to me that he was
the eBird reviewer of the report back in 2014 and did not accept it back
then, for lack of additional details. He also said to me: "I don’t think
there is any need for the BRC to address this report."

The observer also just replied back to me that another VA birder cautioned
him that head color and spot/crescent shape on the head can change owing to
posture and sunlight.

In light of these two quick responses back to me, it appears that the NC
BRC won't be reviewing this 2014 report, nor the possible one in 2018. As I
said on my earlier posting -- this species is not on either the North
Carolina or the South Carolina bird lists, and thus the bar is set quite
high for acceptance of any reports -- especially sight reports.

Harry LeGrand

Join us on Facebook!