Date: 11/25/18 8:10 pm
From: Keith Wood <kwood...>
Subject: Leucistic Red Tail Hawk - Allen County, 11/24/18
Traveling home from Thanksgiving on Saturday afternoon, pleasantly surprised to see a Leucistic Red Tail Hawk sitting on a haybale beside Highway 169, east side,  about a mile north of Iola, just north of where 169 is closed and detours.  Passing truck spooked it away to a nearby cottonwood but was able to get a good pic with 300 mm lens. ID confirmed by my favorite professional ornithologist (my son).  Low rez pic available on request.

Keith Wood

Lawrence

https://listserv.ksu.edu/ksbird-l.html
For KSBIRD-L guidelines go to