Date: 11/25/18 6:50 pm
From: Robert O'Brien <baro...>
Subject: [obol] Re: Interestingly pale bunting
There are quite a few eBird records for WA state, mostly in the vicinity of
Ocean Shores,
including some by Dave Irons and/or Tom Crabtree among Oregon Birders.
I photographed a stakeout there in 1988 on 'the' chain link fence at the
treatment plant.
Mine was a a slide which I can't find right now but here is its photo from
eBird
(impressively pale, especially since the whitest plumage is breeding, but
females
are more darkly marked).. There are a few photos

https://ebird.org/view/checklist/S15836255 Jan 27, 1988

likely same bird a weeks later:

https://ebird.org/view/checklist/S9337359 Feb 20, 1988

Another 2012:

https://ebird.org/view/checklist/S9821599 Feb 12, 2012

And Vancouver BC (also very white) Dec 28, 2004

https://ebird.org/view/checklist/S27858659

Don't know whether these are 'confirmed' In spite of its isolated
2-island range in the Bearing Sea,
McKay's is known to hybridize with Snow and has been suggested as a
subspecies at times.

Bob OBrien Carver OR