Date: 11/24/18 7:50 pm
From: Bob Archer <rabican1...>
Subject: [obol] Re: Request: post yes/no in YB loon search
Hi all:

I had a fun day looking for the loon, I parked at the Nehalem Bay SP boat
launch and hiked down the bay side of park while tide was still low enough
to make it a beach walk in most places. Scanned the entire river and the
jetty area plus the ocean with no luck. I did wander up the ocean beach a
bit to check out the large flock of Leasts resting in the upper beach. I
put the number at 200. Looked at each Least for any odd ones, manged to
find two Western. Also had a Black-bellied Plover still mostly in breeding
plumage. After ocean beach I cut back to the inner jetty area and did my
best (high tide) to scan river back up to parking lot. So I covered entire
river twice and tried to pace myself at a slow enough rate to account for a
diving loon. No luck. My ebird list with some photos:

https://ebird.org/view/checklist/S50194483

Bob Archer
PDX

Join us on Facebook!