Date: 11/20/18 4:55 pm
From: Steve Jaggers <sjjag...>
Subject: [obol] Re: Juncos of the Slate Colored/White winged types? WITH photos I hope!
Yep, seems like both Slate Colored.

What had me curious is that the second bird had such a softer grey without the head to back contrast of the first one.

Tom wondered about it being overexposed, it was in direct light and shot through a window, and my memory of seeing it suggests that the photo color is pretty accurate.

If it comes around again I will try to see/photo the tail-that extra white feathering is an interesting field mark.

Enjoying yard birding,

Steve J.

> On November 20, 2018 at 4:28 PM David Irons <llsdirons...> wrote:
>
> I agree with Tom Crabtree. These birds look like Slate-colored to me. All forms of Dark-eyed Junco can show modest pale fringes on the coverts that suggest weak wing bars. On “White-winged” Junco the wing bars are more conspicuous.
>
> Dave Irons
> Beaverton, OR
>
> Sent from my iPhone

> > > <P1020755(2).JPG>