Date: 11/20/18 9:52 am
From: David Irons <llsdirons...>
Subject: [obol] Re: Dave Irons' new book
Thanks for the shoutout Margie. I am working on setting up some signing events in Eugene and elsewhere around the state in the coming months. For those unfamiliar with the ABA field guide series, these statewide books cover the most common 250-300 species one can expect to find in their state and are designed for birders who are looking for a book that is more limited in scope than a full guide to all the birds of North America. It's ideal for folks who may just be getting started birding in Oregon and those who do most of their birding close to home. Visiting birders are also a target audience for these guides. Most of the species accounts include "best places" to see that particular bird and there is also a birding calendar year section with month to month suggestions of where to go birding around the state. Nearly all the photos in the book are the work of Brian Small. He is supplying his photos for the entire series of ABA statewide guides, which have now been published for nearly 20 states.

Dave Irons