Date: 11/19/18 9:39 am
From: Russ Namitz <namitzr...>
Subject: [obol] Re: Gold Beach gulls & Horned Lark
Tim~

Upon review of my photos, the HORNED LARK (HOLA) at Gold Beach looks like a female and I personally don't feel comfortable assigning it to a subspecies. Although it has streaking on the breast and a yellow throat, apparently most, if not not all, subspecies populations have similar-looking females whereas the males show the most geographic variation. Randy Moore may have more to add about female HOLA identification.

Cheers,
Russ Namitz