Date: 11/16/18 4:41 pm
From: Dominik Mosur <dominikmosur...>
Subject: [SFBirds] cont. Black-and-White Warbler et al.
This afternoon (11/16/18) the BLACK&WHITE Warbler, first reported on 10/31 by Dave Weber, continued in myoporums, acacias, and Eucalyptus along the main trail from the parking lot at Middle Lake in Golden Gate Park. On 11/8 there was a Nashville Warbler here, and I think I heard it call a few times today as well but never got a look. Earlier , a Spotted Towhee at Elk Glen was a very rare sighting for Golden Gate Park and maybe the first one I've ever observed in the park. On 11/9 the Elk Glen Sparrow flock included (2) White-throated and (2-3) Lincoln's Sparrows. The Lincs were still here today but no sign of the White-throats.

On 11/12, there were good counts of (102) Killdeer and (27) Black-bellied Plovers on Sunset Reservoir as well as at least one continuing Western Meadowlark.

Be sure to wear a N95 respirator or similar protective equipment if you get outside for extended periods the next couple of days especially if you suffer from asthma or similar breathing issues. Better yet, stay inside.

Rain and onshore winds are supposed to come in later next week and hopefully will improve air quality.

Dominik Mosur
San Francisco

-=-=-
Group Owner: SFBirds+<owner...>