Date: 11/12/18 1:50 pm
Subject: eBird Trip Summary - Granville Co
Greetings all:

I really wasn’t planning on going Birding today especially since I didn’t feel the good late yesterday afternoon but got up at 0400 and around 0530 decided to go out today and go to Granville and Warren Counties around Kerr Lake.

After I saw that the forecast was for rain by midday I decided to just stay in Granville County and see if I couldn’t reach 100 species for my County list.

Since I was already at 97 you would think that that should be a done deal. Dream on.

My first stop was Grassy Creek Park and with the good luck I had in Durham County last Thursday I was hope for the same.

The only ducks were 2 f Hooded Merganser and one PB Grebe.

The best bird there was a late BG Gnatcatcher that didn’t even show up as RARE on eBird and surprisingly was my first for the Hotspot for me. There were no loons or H Grebes and so far no new County Birds so I drove down to Lake Devin in Oxford and I started on the road that cuts part of the lake from view and my first new bird a N Harrier flew up working the fields to my left.

Just as I was about get into my car bird number two a Raven was heard and seen.

At the boat ramp and picnic shelter on the edge of the woods were Song, WT and Field Sparrows and a lone Swamp Sparrow jumped up for bird number 3 for 100 species. I had a small group of RW Blackbirds for bird number 4 and I saw a M Hooded Merganser and a M Bufflehead for bird number 5 ending the day at 102 Species for Granville County.

I checked nearby ponds and went back to Grassy Creek on the way home hoping to find Mallards and Wood Ducks but no luck.

eBird Checklist Summary for: Nov 12, 2018

Number of Checklists: 6
Number of Taxa: 49

Checklists included in this summary:
(1): Grassy Creek Park
Date: Nov 12, 2018 at 7:15 AM
(2): 9319–9495 Dave Winston Rd, Bullock US-NC (36.5242,-78.6117)
Date: Nov 12, 2018 at 9:30 AM
(3): Lake Devin--Lake Devin Rd. Park Area
Date: Nov 12, 2018 at 11:05 AM
(4): 2907–2941 Hallie Burnette Rd, Oxford US-NC (36.2973,-78.6385)
Date: Nov 12, 2018 at 1:26 PM
(5): 5601–5699 Burnette Rd, Oxford US-NC (36.2982,-78.6302)
Date: Nov 12, 2018 at 1:30 PM
(6): 3018–3062 Lake Devin Rd, Oxford US-NC (36.3002,-78.6169)
Date: Nov 12, 2018 at 1:43 PM

2 Canada Goose -- (1)
1 Bufflehead -- (3)
3 Hooded Merganser -- (1),(3)
5 Pied-billed Grebe -- (1),(3)
44 Mourning Dove -- (3),(4)
1 American Coot -- (3)
5 Bonaparte's Gull -- (1)
38 Ring-billed Gull -- (1),(3)
13 Double-crested Cormorant -- (1),(3)
9 Great Blue Heron (Blue form) -- (1),(3)
1 Northern Harrier -- (3)
1 Bald Eagle -- (1)
1 Red-shouldered Hawk -- (2)
1 Red-tailed Hawk -- (2)
3 Belted Kingfisher -- (1),(3)
1 Yellow-bellied Sapsucker -- (1)
2 Red-headed Woodpecker -- (1)
7 Red-bellied Woodpecker -- (1),(3)
2 Downy Woodpecker -- (1),(3)
1 Pileated Woodpecker -- (3)
12 Northern Flicker (Yellow-shafted) -- (1),(2),(3)
2 American Kestrel -- (3),(5)
4 Eastern Phoebe -- (1),(3)
17 Blue Jay -- (1),(2),(3)
27 American Crow -- (1),(2),(3)
1 Common Raven -- (3)
2 Carolina Chickadee -- (1)
6 Tufted Titmouse -- (1),(3)
2 Red-breasted Nuthatch -- (1),(3)
1 Brown Creeper -- (1)
6 Carolina Wren -- (1),(2),(3)
1 Blue-gray Gnatcatcher -- (1)
4 Golden-crowned Kinglet -- (1),(3)
7 Ruby-crowned Kinglet -- (1),(3)
30 Eastern Bluebird -- (1),(2),(3)
4 Hermit Thrush -- (1),(3)
1 American Robin -- (3)
50 European Starling -- (2)
14 American Goldfinch -- (1),(3)
30 Chipping Sparrow -- (2)
5 Field Sparrow -- (3)
10 White-throated Sparrow -- (1),(3)
11 Song Sparrow -- (1),(3)
1 Swamp Sparrow -- (3)
7 Eastern Towhee -- (3)
38 Red-winged Blackbird -- (3),(6)
2 Common Grackle -- (2)
6 Yellow-rumped Warbler (Myrtle) -- (3)
4 Northern Cardinal -- (1),(3)

This trip summary was created using the eBird app for iPhone and iPad.
See eBird for more information.

From my iPhone

May God Bless and Keep You

Jeff Blalock