Date: 11/8/18 6:54 pm
Subject: eBird Trip Summary - for 11/08/2018
Greetings all

This morning I drove down to Falls Lake to bird at Rolling View in Durham Co and at Beaversam Reservoir in Wake Co.

Birds of note was finding all three Nuthatches with the RB at both locations with hearing my first at Rolling just as I was putting on my boots for the first bird of the day. Boy the RB at Beaverdam was not as easy. I found WB and later BH and I found a GC and RC Kinglet but no RB Nuthatches.

I had given up on finding one and was driving out of the park and went I saw a road on the right that I hadn’t yet birded yet so I gave it a try and parked at the third picnic shelter on the left and after parking I heard one as I got out of the car. I walked down the road a little ways and I got to hear it much better.

I got a Cooper’s at Rolling View as well as an Osprey and a SS at Beaverdam along with Osprey which could have been the same one from Rolling View and an adult Bald Eagle.

There was a nice little mix of ducks and coots at Rolling View but none at Beaverdam.

The big disappointment for the day was that Sandling Beach was locked up and posted No Trespassing, I really wanted to bird there.

At the end of the day I added 14 species for my Durham Co list now at 104 and 5 species for Wake Co now at 68.

It was a nice day considering on what is suppose to arrive for the next day or two.

Good Birding Always

jeffblalock
eBird Checklist Summary for: Nov 8, 2018

Number of Checklists: 2
Number of Taxa: 44

Checklists included in this summary:
(1): Falls Lake--Rolling View
Date: Nov 8, 2018 at 7:15 AM
(2): Falls Lake--Beaverdam Reservoir
Date: Nov 8, 2018 at 12:50 PM

11 Canada Goose -- (1)
10 Gadwall -- (1)
2 Ring-necked Duck -- (1)
15 Greater/Lesser Scaup -- (1)
3 Bufflehead -- (1)
12 Ruddy Duck -- (1)
5 Pied-billed Grebe -- (1),(2)
4 Horned Grebe -- (1)
55 American Coot -- (1)
75 Bonaparte's Gull -- (1),(2)
167 Ring-billed Gull -- (1),(2)
4 Common Loon -- (1)
30 Double-crested Cormorant -- (1)
4 Great Blue Heron (Blue form) -- (1),(2)
6 Black Vulture -- (1)
12 Turkey Vulture -- (1),(2)
2 Osprey -- (1),(2)
1 Sharp-shinned Hawk -- (2)
1 Cooper's Hawk -- (1)
1 Bald Eagle -- (2)
2 Belted Kingfisher -- (1),(2)
1 Yellow-bellied Sapsucker -- (2)
6 Red-bellied Woodpecker -- (1),(2)
3 Downy Woodpecker -- (1),(2)
1 Hairy Woodpecker -- (2)
5 Northern Flicker (Yellow-shafted) -- (1),(2)
7 American Crow -- (1),(2)
5 Carolina Chickadee -- (1),(2)
7 Tufted Titmouse -- (1),(2)
4 Red-breasted Nuthatch -- (1),(2)
1 White-breasted Nuthatch (Eastern) -- (2)
4 Brown-headed Nuthatch -- (1),(2)
1 Brown Creeper -- (1)
2 Carolina Wren -- (1)
2 Golden-crowned Kinglet -- (2)
6 Ruby-crowned Kinglet -- (1),(2)
5 Eastern Bluebird -- (1),(2)
3 Hermit Thrush -- (1),(2)
7 American Goldfinch -- (1),(2)
50 Chipping Sparrow -- (1),(2)
4 Dark-eyed Junco (Slate-colored) -- (1)
1 Eastern Towhee -- (1)
3 Pine Warbler -- (2)
2 Northern Cardinal -- (1)

This trip summary was created using the eBird app for iPhone and iPad.
See eBird for more information.

From my iPhone

May God Bless and Keep You

Jeff Blalock