Date: 11/7/18 4:13 pm
From: Dean Hester <dhester1994...>
Subject: [ia-bird] Late Nighthawk
On the way home from work tonight I got a great look at a record late
COMMON NIGHTHAWK in the Walmart parking lot just north of I-80 on Commerce
drive around 5:15 pm. I observed the buoyant erratic flight as it circled
the lights for a good 5-6 seconds and got good looks and the diagnostic
underwing. The previous late date was 11/3/2007.

-Dean Hester, North English, IA