Date: 11/7/18 1:28 pm
From: eBird alert <alert.ebird...>
Subject: [sbcobirding] [eBird Alert] Santa Barbara County Rare Bird Alert
*** Species Summary:

- Tropical Kingbird (1 report)
- Harris's Sparrow (5 reports)
- Tennessee Warbler (1 report)
- MacGillivray's Warbler (1 report)
- Palm Warbler (1 report)

Tropical Kingbird (Tyrannus melancholicus) (1)
- Reported Nov 06, 2018 10:44 by Libby Patten
- UCSB North Campus Open Space (formerly Ocean Meadows Golf Course), Santa Barbara, California
- Map: http://maps.google.com/?ie=UTF8&t=p&z=13&q=34.421439,-119.8713662&ll=34.421439,-119.8713662
- Comments: "Twitter call. Yellow up to throat. Heavy dark bill. Seen just west of pond at the first bridge."

Harris's Sparrow (Zonotrichia querula) (1)
- Reported Nov 07, 2018 11:29 by Ryan Terrill
- Lake Los Carneros Park, Santa Barbara, California
- Map: http://maps.google.com/?ie=UTF8&t=p&z=13&q=34.44322,-119.84975&ll=34.44322,-119.84975
- Media: 3 Photos
- Comments: "Photos. Hanging out in the brush and ground around the bench adjacent to the east edge of the dam. Confiding, with WCSP and GCSP flock. Zonotricgia with white underparts, pink Bill, black bib."

Harris's Sparrow (Zonotrichia querula) (1)
- Reported Nov 07, 2018 08:15 by Elaine Tan
- Lake Los Carneros Park, Santa Barbara, California
- Map: http://maps.google.com/?ie=UTF8&t=p&z=13&q=34.44322,-119.84975&ll=34.44322,-119.84975
- Comments: "Continuing. Foraging with WCSP down at southeast corner of dam, close to the bench on the lower path. First year, orangey chin with black on chest. Chasing ECSP that get close."

Harris's Sparrow (Zonotrichia querula) (1)
- Reported Nov 07, 2018 07:01 by Julie Scotland
- Lake Los Carneros Park, Santa Barbara, California
- Map: http://maps.google.com/?ie=UTF8&t=p&z=13&q=34.44322,-119.84975&ll=34.44322,-119.84975
- Comments: "Continuing at east end of dam. Photos to come. Large zonitricha sparrow with dark “bib.” Orange bill and legs. Light underparts. "

Harris's Sparrow (Zonotrichia querula) (1)
- Reported Nov 07, 2018 07:01 by Conor Scotland
- Lake Los Carneros Park, Santa Barbara, California
- Map: http://maps.google.com/?ie=UTF8&t=p&z=13&q=34.44322,-119.84975&ll=34.44322,-119.84975
- Comments: "Continuing at east end of dam. Photos to come. Large zonitricha sparrow with dark “bib.” Orange bill and legs. Light underparts. "

Harris's Sparrow (Zonotrichia querula) (1)
- Reported Nov 07, 2018 06:11 by John Callender
- Lake Los Carneros Park, Santa Barbara, California
- Map: http://maps.google.com/?ie=UTF8&t=p&z=13&q=34.44322,-119.84975&ll=34.44322,-119.84975
- Media: 1 Photo
- Comments: "Continuing at east end of dam."

Tennessee Warbler (Oreothlypis peregrina) (1)
- Reported Nov 06, 2018 12:48 by Eric Culbertson
- Carpinteria Creek, Santa Barbara, California
- Map: http://maps.google.com/?ie=UTF8&t=p&z=13&q=34.3930006,-119.5140259&ll=34.3930006,-119.5140259
- Comments: "Below Carpinteria Ave. I was standing here: 34.3936, -119.5131 in the creek
watching a bushtit flock pass above me along the north side of creek. If seems safe to assume this is the same bird Peter Gaede reported in this same area October 24,2018. The bird moved through the mid levels of a sycamore with a group of bushtit, and one each orange-crowned and townsend's. About the size of an orange-crowned with a short and broad taill with white'ish undertail coverts. The undertail was darker than undertail coverts but not dark. The upper tail appeared similar to wing color and contrasted with the rest of the undertail. The underparts appeared dirty white and possibly tinged green (?) but definitely contrasted with darker wings and a green back. (EDIT: I observed clearly a green wash through breast, throat and face but failed to include this description in original written description). I observed a darker face patch with defined off-white(greenish?) supercillium. The top of head was darker than throats and lighter parts of face but not studied well. The bill wasn't studied well but appeared dark and straight. There may have been some downward tail flicking as the bird foraged. Probed into curled sycamore leaves while le foraging. Rare. At this date possibly still considered a fall migrant."

MacGillivray's Warbler (Geothlypis tolmiei) (1)
- Reported Nov 06, 2018 09:04 by Mark Holmgren
- Railway track W of Eucalyptus Lane 34.4192 -119.6343, Santa Barbara, California
- Map: http://maps.google.com/?ie=UTF8&t=p&z=13&q=34.419154,-119.63429&ll=34.419154,-119.63429
- Comments: "In same place as seen on 3 November by Dave Compton and very briefly by me. Today I saw it better. It was 50 meters west of Eucalyptus Lane on the south side of the railroad tracks. Gray-headed, greenish-yellow warbler with pale arcs above and below the eye. Undertail coverts were brighter yellow than the vent area. It presented itself well only once, and I could not draw it up again."

Palm Warbler (Setophaga palmarum) (1)
- Reported Nov 07, 2018 07:25 by Cuyler Stapelmann
- Ortega Park, Santa Barbara, California
- Map: http://maps.google.com/?ie=UTF8&t=p&z=13&q=34.4249973,-119.6900714&ll=34.4249973,-119.6900714
- Comments: "I’ve been waiting for a palm warbler to show up here. I saw the bird bathing with yellow-rumps in a puddle on a concrete pad near Ortega Street. This warbler was brownish overall rather than gray, had a pale supercilium, yellow undertail and rump, white corners on tail tips, and bobbed it’s tail even while bathing. If attempting to relocate this bird, I would first look at the fenced-off well-irrigated lawn. The lawn has been frequented by the hoards of yellow-rumpled warblers since it was fenced off 1-2 months ago to reseed bare patches."

View/Reply Online (#27908): https://sbcobirding.groups.io/g/main/message/27908
-=-=-
-=-=-
Group Owner: main+<owner...>