Date: 11/6/18 2:07 pm
From: Al Stokie <alstokie99...> [ILbirds] <ILbirds-noreply...>
Subject: IBET Five Small Lakes In Des Plaines & Park Ridge Tuesday 11-6-18
Hello Bird People,

Not a very nice day today with strong winds & light rain so I only did
close to home locations.
With a cold weather period coming I thought I could do a comparison of
which ducks were present at these small lakes before & after the cold
comes. Not much now as I only found 1 migrant duck at all 5 lakes
today. That should be easy to beat!

I'll do one species list for all 5 locations but then say at which
locations each species was found.
The 5 small lakes were Beck Lake, Big Bend Lake, Belleau Lake, Axehead
Lake & Lake Opeka.

Pied Billed Grebe (3 at Beck Lake & 2 at Axehead Lake)
Canada Geese (34 at Beck Lake, 21 at Big Bend Lake & 68 at Lake Opeka)
Mallard (Total of 29 seen at all 5 lakes)
RING NECKED DUCK (1-F at Beck Lake)
Red Tailed Hawk (1 hunting at Beck Lake)
BALD EAGLE (1-AD flying by at Beck Lake)
Ring Billed Gull (1 at Beck Lake, 7 at Big Bend Lake & 8 at Lake Opeka)
Herring Gull (1 at Beck Lake & 2 at Big Bend Lake)
Rock Pigeon (~25 at the Axehead Lake roost site)
Blue Jay (1 at Beck Lake)
Crows (2 at Big Bend & 1 at Lake Opeka)
Starling (1 group of 25 at Big Bend Lake)
Junco (8 at Big Bend Lake)

The best location today was Beck Lake. Bird-Of-The-Day to the adult
Bald Eagle at Beck Lake
& Runner-Up to the female Ring Necked Duck also at Beck Lake. Here's
hoping conditions & birds are better tomorrow.

Al Stokie

Posted by: Al Stokie <alstokie99...>

<*> Your email settings:
Individual Email | Traditional