Date: 11/6/18 8:59 am
From: 'Lucy and Bob Duncan' <robertaduncan...> [nflbirds] <nflbirds-noreply...>
Subject: RE: [nflbirds] old dates for Flamingo at St. Marks area
On 27 June 1995 the flamingo was at Lanark Village where Bob and I saw the bird with friends Ann and Dan Forster.

More recently, and farther west in the Panhandle, one was at Destin, FL 5 Sep 2008 – 1 Oct 2008, a waif of Hurricane Gustav.

Then two flamingos 21-22 June 2017 found and photographed at Johnson Beach, Escambia County, gave Bob and me a run for our money as we chased after them from downtown Pensacola to Perdido Key, to Bird Island in Perdido Pass giving Alabama its first state record, then back to Pensacola, to Eglin AFB and last seen at Deer Lake State Park, Walton Co., Florida on 2 July (Duncan & Duncan 2018). Alas, we never saw them, but several friends were fortunate to see and photograph them!

Lucy Duncan