Date: 11/4/18 12:49 pm
From: eBird alert <alert.ebird...>
Subject: [sbcobirding] [eBird Alert] Santa Barbara County Rare Bird Alert
*** Species Summary:

- Tropical Kingbird (1 report)
- Gray Catbird (2 reports)
- Sage Thrasher (1 report)
- Clay-colored Sparrow (2 reports)
- Harris's Sparrow (2 reports)
- MacGillivray's Warbler (1 report)
- American Redstart (4 reports)
- Palm Warbler (4 reports)
- Palm Warbler (Western) (2 reports)

Tropical Kingbird (Tyrannus melancholicus) (1) CONFIRMED
- Reported Nov 03, 2018 10:34 by Libby Patten
- Andree Clark Bird Refuge, Santa Barbara, California
- Map: http://maps.google.com/?ie=UTF8&t=p&z=13&q=34.4215353,-119.6572856&ll=34.4215353,-119.6572856
- Media: 3 Photos, 1 Audio
- Comments: "Bright yellow underparts. Thick black bill and black eye stripe. White throat. Twittering call. Seen in stubby little tree right next to parking lot and sidewalk."

Gray Catbird (Dumetella carolinensis) (1)
- Reported Nov 04, 2018 07:35 by Cuyler Stapelmann
- Gaviota SP, Santa Barbara, California
- Map: http://maps.google.com/?ie=UTF8&t=p&z=13&q=34.4727321,-120.228442&ll=34.4727321,-120.228442
- Comments: "Gray passerine with black cap and reddish undertail in many locations in campground and surrounding areas. Seen by many."

Gray Catbird (Dumetella carolinensis) (1)
- Reported Nov 04, 2018 06:29 by David Compton
- Gaviota SP, Santa Barbara, California
- Map: http://maps.google.com/?ie=UTF8&t=p&z=13&q=34.4727321,-120.228442&ll=34.4727321,-120.228442
- Comments: "Continuing male"

Sage Thrasher (Oreoscoptes montanus) (1)
- Reported Nov 04, 2018 06:29 by David Compton
- Gaviota SP, Santa Barbara, California
- Map: http://maps.google.com/?ie=UTF8&t=p&z=13&q=34.4727321,-120.228442&ll=34.4727321,-120.228442
- Comments: "Details to come"

Clay-colored Sparrow (Spizella pallida) (1)
- Reported Nov 04, 2018 07:35 by Cuyler Stapelmann
- Gaviota SP, Santa Barbara, California
- Map: http://maps.google.com/?ie=UTF8&t=p&z=13&q=34.4727321,-120.228442&ll=34.4727321,-120.228442
- Comments: "I found this bird east of the eastern most bathroom in the campground. I showed Dave C. and he confirmed the ID and alerted others. It was a spizella with strongly contrasting facial pattern, pale lores, gray unstreaked nape, and a hint of a buffy wash on upper breast. The bird flushed from the bathroom area, flew across the creek where it perched in the open for a minute, then it flew to the north and wasn’t seen after."

Clay-colored Sparrow (Spizella pallida) (1)
- Reported Nov 04, 2018 06:29 by David Compton
- Gaviota SP, Santa Barbara, California
- Map: http://maps.google.com/?ie=UTF8&t=p&z=13&q=34.4727321,-120.228442&ll=34.4727321,-120.228442
- Comments: "Well seen"

Harris's Sparrow (Zonotrichia querula) (1)
- Reported Nov 04, 2018 10:50 by Aaron Maizlish
- Lake Los Carneros Park, Santa Barbara, California
- Map: http://maps.google.com/?ie=UTF8&t=p&z=13&q=34.44322,-119.84975&ll=34.44322,-119.84975
- Comments: "Continuing 1st year bird reported by Mark Holmgren this morning. Photos later."

Harris's Sparrow (Zonotrichia querula) (1)
- Reported Nov 04, 2018 11:21 by David Compton
- lake Los Carneros - southeast corner, Santa Barbara, California
- Map: http://maps.google.com/?ie=UTF8&t=p&z=13&q=34.440921,-119.846574&ll=34.440921,-119.846574
- Comments: "Photos to come"

MacGillivray's Warbler (Geothlypis tolmiei) (1) CONFIRMED
- Reported Nov 03, 2018 10:29 by David Compton
- 1501–1599 Miramar Bch, Santa Barbara US-CA (34.4195,-119.6311), Santa Barbara, California
- Map: http://maps.google.com/?ie=UTF8&t=p&z=13&q=34.419496,-119.631066&ll=34.419496,-119.631066
- Comments: "I heard and had brief views of a warbler that was yellow below and had a gray hood with what appeared to be white arcs below and above the eye. The chip call was consistent with my experience with this species’ call."

American Redstart (Setophaga ruticilla) (1) CONFIRMED
- Reported Nov 03, 2018 09:08 by Mark Holmgren
- Andree Clark Bird Refuge, Santa Barbara, California
- Map: http://maps.google.com/?ie=UTF8&t=p&z=13&q=34.4215353,-119.6572856&ll=34.4215353,-119.6572856
- Comments: "Seen very briefly. Immature/female-type. Grayish body. Square yellow tail spots was all I saw. Sound by Cuylw. Taylor state ann."

American Redstart (Setophaga ruticilla) (1) CONFIRMED
- Reported Nov 02, 2018 11:49 by Cuyler Stapelmann
- Andree Clark Bird Refuge, Santa Barbara, California
- Map: http://maps.google.com/?ie=UTF8&t=p&z=13&q=34.4215353,-119.6572856&ll=34.4215353,-119.6572856
- Comments: "I glimpsed a warbler in the willows near the corner with the Music Academy. In that brief glimpse, I saw a grayish warbler with a fanned tail behind several layers of willow leaves. My first instinct was American redstart, but I was unsatisfied with my view to be certain with that ID. I waited for about 10 minutes for the bird to reappear, but it didn’t so I brushed it off as a yellow-rumpled warbler struggling to get through some leaves. I returned on the following day, and I got diagnostic views of this bird: it was an American redstart."

American Redstart (Setophaga ruticilla) (1)
- Reported Nov 04, 2018 07:35 by Cuyler Stapelmann
- Gaviota SP, Santa Barbara, California
- Map: http://maps.google.com/?ie=UTF8&t=p&z=13&q=34.4727321,-120.228442&ll=34.4727321,-120.228442
- Comments: "Juvenile/female type (grayish overall with yellow, fanned tail with yellow patches on either side). Seen on north side of creek in low shrubs fairly consistently for a while in the morning."

American Redstart (Setophaga ruticilla) (1)
- Reported Nov 04, 2018 06:29 by David Compton
- Gaviota SP, Santa Barbara, California
- Map: http://maps.google.com/?ie=UTF8&t=p&z=13&q=34.4727321,-120.228442&ll=34.4727321,-120.228442
- Comments: "Female type"

Palm Warbler (Setophaga palmarum) (1) CONFIRMED
- Reported Nov 03, 2018 10:34 by Libby Patten
- Andree Clark Bird Refuge, Santa Barbara, California
- Map: http://maps.google.com/?ie=UTF8&t=p&z=13&q=34.4215353,-119.6572856&ll=34.4215353,-119.6572856
- Media: 3 Photos
- Comments: "On mudflat opposite third platform. Constant bobbing of tail.
Brownish upper parts, thick supercilium, yellow undertail coverts. Brown streaking on flanks. Photos are poor, but show some key features."

Palm Warbler (Setophaga palmarum) (1)
- Reported Nov 04, 2018 07:35 by Cuyler Stapelmann
- Gaviota SP, Santa Barbara, California
- Map: http://maps.google.com/?ie=UTF8&t=p&z=13&q=34.4727321,-120.228442&ll=34.4727321,-120.228442
- Comments: "Brownish warbler with pale supercilium, yellow undertail, and bobbing tail. Seen in many locations within the campground."

Palm Warbler (Western) (Setophaga palmarum palmarum) (1)
- Reported Nov 04, 2018 06:29 by David Compton
- Gaviota SP, Santa Barbara, California
- Map: http://maps.google.com/?ie=UTF8&t=p&z=13&q=34.4727321,-120.228442&ll=34.4727321,-120.228442
- Comments: "Possibly 2"

Palm Warbler (Setophaga palmarum) (1) CONFIRMED
- Reported Nov 03, 2018 16:30 by Mark Holmgren
- Gaviota SP, Santa Barbara, California
- Map: http://maps.google.com/?ie=UTF8&t=p&z=13&q=34.4727321,-120.228442&ll=34.4727321,-120.228442
- Comments: "Very athletic warbler bouncing around on grassy lawn and cement out-dancing a Yellow-rumped Warbler. Seen by several other observers. I saw a pronounced tan supercilium. Undertail coverts bright yellow fading to pale anteriorly. Large white tail spot."

Palm Warbler (Western) (Setophaga palmarum palmarum) (1)
- Reported Nov 03, 2018 16:27 by David Compton
- Gaviota SP, Santa Barbara, California
- Map: http://maps.google.com/?ie=UTF8&t=p&z=13&q=34.4727321,-120.228442&ll=34.4727321,-120.228442
- Comments: "Possibly 2"

Palm Warbler (Setophaga palmarum) (1)
- Reported Nov 04, 2018 07:50 by Benjamin Byerly
- UCSB North Campus Open Space (formerly Ocean Meadows Golf Course), Santa Barbara, California
- Map: http://maps.google.com/?ie=UTF8&t=p&z=13&q=34.421439,-119.8713662&ll=34.421439,-119.8713662
- Comments: "Photos"

View/Reply Online (#27893): https://sbcobirding.groups.io/g/main/message/27893
-=-=-