Date: 11/4/18 9:58 am
From: David Quady and Nancy Boas <davequady...>
Subject: [pen-bird] Join the Oakland Christmas Bird Count on December 16
Hello, Bay Area Birders:

Golden Gate Audubon Society invites you to take part in the 78th annual Oakland Christmas Bird Count, on Sunday, December 16 — just six weeks away. Please join us.

As a field observer, you'll get to sample the bird life in an area that fits your interests and abilities, add to our understanding of the status and distribution of our wintering birds, and have fun doing it. Afterward, join the compilation dinner. A rarity or two always turns up; learning about them right away will help you see them, too. The food will be good, and the company will be even better.

Maybe you'd rather just count birds in your yard on December 16. Feeder watchers can spend as much or as little time watching birds as they wish, and their observations also advance our knowledge of winter bird populations. If this interests you, sign up as a feeder watcher -- in the evening you can join others at the compilation dinner if you wish.

To get started, just click this link <https://goldengateaudubon.org/expired-announcement/news/sign-up-for-the-2016-christmas-bird-count-2/>

The sign-up deadline is November 29; space at the compilation dinner is limited, so don't dawdle.

Contact me if you have questions about the count; contact the Golden Gate Audubon Society office (510-843-2222) if you have questions about the compilation dinner.

My co-compiler, Bob Lewis, and I hope you'll take part!

Dave Quady
Berkeley, California
<davequady...> <mailto:<davequady...>