Date: 11/3/18 6:33 pm
From: Brian Peterson <gordilly...> [NEBirds] <NEBirds...>
Subject: Re: [NEBirds] Hudsonian Godwit - Washington County 11/2
The Hudsonian Godwit was still present late this afternoon at the
Washington Co. location described by Sam. A photo can be found in my eBird
checklist:

https://ebird.org/view/checklist/S49651611

No luck on finding the Black-bellied Plover or Great Egrets, but I did find
a juvenile Snowy Egret just south of the intersection of CR34 and CR51. I
also observed a flock of 40-50 Wilson's Snipe along the way.

Brian Peterson
Omaha

On Sat, Nov 3, 2018 at 3:54 PM <sammanning19...> [NEBirds] <
<NEBirds...> wrote:

> Yesterday afternoon (11/2) while checking the flooded fields around the
> Nathan’s Lake area of Boyer Chute NWR, I found a single basic plumaged
> Hudsonian Godwit. This bird was foraging in a large flooded field just
> north of the bridge by Nathan’s Lake. I was able to watch it for 20-30
> minutes before it flew off. I only briefly saw it in flight before I lost
> it, but I was able to see the white wing stripe and dark underwing on it.
> I’ve posted some of my pictures on eBird, and they can be seen there.
> According to Birds of Nebraska – Online, this is the 4th fall record for
> Nebraska. Also present were 1 Black-bellied Plover and 2 Great Egrets.
>

> Sightings in eBird.
>

> Sam Manning
>
> Omaha, Douglas County, NE

Join us on Facebook!