Date: 11/3/18 12:49 pm
From: eBird alert <alert.ebird...>
Subject: [sbcobirding] [eBird Alert] Santa Barbara County Rare Bird Alert
*** Species Summary:

- Common Tern (1 report)
- Little Blue Heron (1 report)
- Tropical Kingbird (1 report)
- American Redstart (1 report)
- Black-throated Blue Warbler (1 report)
- Blue Grosbeak (1 report)

Common Tern (Sterna hirundo) (1) CONFIRMED
- Reported Nov 02, 2018 13:28 by John Callender
- Ocean Beach County Park, Santa Barbara, California
- Map: http://maps.google.com/?ie=UTF8&t=p&z=13&q=34.6909567,-120.6003785&ll=34.6909567,-120.6003785
- Media: 3 Photos
- Comments: "Continuing. Medium-sized tern with dark hindcrown, dark carpal-bar."

Little Blue Heron (Egretta caerulea) (1) CONFIRMED
- Reported Nov 02, 2018 14:00 by Gary Byerly
- Goleta Beach County Park, Santa Barbara, California
- Map: http://maps.google.com/?ie=UTF8&t=p&z=13&q=34.4171771,-119.829812&ll=34.4171771,-119.829812
- Media: 1 Photo
- Comments: "Continuing bird, well seen several times moving up and down lagoon with snowy egrets about same size."

Tropical Kingbird (Tyrannus melancholicus) (1) CONFIRMED
- Reported Nov 02, 2018 11:49 by Cuyler Stapelmann
- Andree Clark Bird Refuge, Santa Barbara, California
- Map: http://maps.google.com/?ie=UTF8&t=p&z=13&q=34.4215353,-119.6572856&ll=34.4215353,-119.6572856
- Comments: "A continuing long-billed yellow-breasted and bellied kingbird giving twittering call while 3 Cassin’s kingbird squabbled nearby"

American Redstart (Setophaga ruticilla) (1)
- Reported Nov 03, 2018 08:28 by Cuyler Stapelmann
- Andree Clark Bird Refuge, Santa Barbara, California
- Map: http://maps.google.com/?ie=UTF8&t=p&z=13&q=34.4215353,-119.6572856&ll=34.4215353,-119.6572856
- Comments: "Female/juvenile type in willow corner nearest to the Music Academy. Gray overall with darker back and lighter below. Tail fanning showed yellow patches on either side of the tail. I saw what appeared to be yellow at base of remixes, suggesting adult female, but I can’t be certain of this age/sex determination. This bird is somewhat skulky and doesn’t offer easy views in the short time I was watching for it."

Black-throated Blue Warbler (Setophaga caerulescens) (1)
- Reported Nov 03, 2018 09:34 by Eric Culbertson
- 1437 S Jameson Ln, Santa Barbara US-CA (34.4194,-119.6341), Santa Barbara, California
- Map: http://maps.google.com/?ie=UTF8&t=p&z=13&q=34.419394,-119.634074&ll=34.419394,-119.634074
- Comments: "A warbler with dull green back, darker wings (with white at base primaries). Dirty off-white/green below and on throat. Dark face patch highlighted above (supercillium) and below by same color as underparts. Light undertail coverts. From afar I thought I might be looking at a Tennessee. Hard clear loud call note. Foraged low in shady understory. "

Blue Grosbeak (Passerina caerulea) (1)
- Reported Nov 03, 2018 07:40 by Noah Gaines
- Alice Keck Park, Santa Barbara, California
- Map: http://maps.google.com/?ie=UTF8&t=p&z=13&q=34.4296434,-119.7060233&ll=34.4296434,-119.7060233
- Comments: "Foraging along lawn of university club with mixed flock and perching in trees and wires around corner of Santa Barbara and Sola Sts. Also seen at kids world park where the two paths make an X foraging on ground and flying up to and perching in trees. Seen at up to 20 feet with bins for about 20 min. Same size or slightly larger than wcsp. Rich uniform cinnamon brown overall darker above and lighter below with massive conical bill. 2 very faint wing bars the first was buffy and the second was cream. Colder brown flight feathers and tail with light edging. Call a low “chunk”. Very approachable once redound near center of park "

View/Reply Online (#27879): https://sbcobirding.groups.io/g/main/message/27879
-=-=-
-=-=-
Group Owner: main+<owner...>