Date: 11/3/18 12:49 pm From: eBird alert <alert.ebird...> Subject: [sbcobirding] [eBird Alert] Santa Barbara County Rare Bird Alert
*** Species Summary:
- Common Tern (1 report)
- Little Blue Heron (1 report)
- Tropical Kingbird (1 report)
- American Redstart (1 report)
- Black-throated Blue Warbler (1 report)
- Blue Grosbeak (1 report)
Thank you for subscribing to the <daily> Santa Barbara County Rare Bird Alert.The report below shows observations of rare birds in Santa Barbara County. View or unsubscribe to this alert at https://ebird.org/alert/summary?sid=SN35915 NOTE: all sightings are UNCONFIRMED unless indicated
American Redstart (Setophaga ruticilla) (1)
- Reported Nov 03, 2018 08:28 by Cuyler Stapelmann
- Andree Clark Bird Refuge, Santa Barbara, California
- Map: http://maps.google.com/?ie=UTF8&t=p&z=13&q=34.4215353,-119.6572856&ll=34.4215353,-119.6572856 - Checklist: https://ebird.org/view/checklist/S49644635 - Comments: "Female/juvenile type in willow corner nearest to the Music Academy. Gray overall with darker back and lighter below. Tail fanning showed yellow patches on either side of the tail. I saw what appeared to be yellow at base of remixes, suggesting adult female, but I can’t be certain of this age/sex determination. This bird is somewhat skulky and doesn’t offer easy views in the short time I was watching for it."
Black-throated Blue Warbler (Setophaga caerulescens) (1)
- Reported Nov 03, 2018 09:34 by Eric Culbertson
- 1437 S Jameson Ln, Santa Barbara US-CA (34.4194,-119.6341), Santa Barbara, California
- Map: http://maps.google.com/?ie=UTF8&t=p&z=13&q=34.419394,-119.634074&ll=34.419394,-119.634074 - Checklist: https://ebird.org/view/checklist/S49645634 - Comments: "A warbler with dull green back, darker wings (with white at base primaries). Dirty off-white/green below and on throat. Dark face patch highlighted above (supercillium) and below by same color as underparts. Light undertail coverts. From afar I thought I might be looking at a Tennessee. Hard clear loud call note. Foraged low in shady understory. "
Blue Grosbeak (Passerina caerulea) (1)
- Reported Nov 03, 2018 07:40 by Noah Gaines
- Alice Keck Park, Santa Barbara, California
- Map: http://maps.google.com/?ie=UTF8&t=p&z=13&q=34.4296434,-119.7060233&ll=34.4296434,-119.7060233 - Checklist: https://ebird.org/view/checklist/S49642737 - Comments: "Foraging along lawn of university club with mixed flock and perching in trees and wires around corner of Santa Barbara and Sola Sts. Also seen at kids world park where the two paths make an X foraging on ground and flying up to and perching in trees. Seen at up to 20 feet with bins for about 20 min. Same size or slightly larger than wcsp. Rich uniform cinnamon brown overall darker above and lighter below with massive conical bill. 2 very faint wing bars the first was buffy and the second was cream. Colder brown flight feathers and tail with light edging. Call a low “chunk”. Very approachable once redound near center of park "
You received this message because you are subscribed to eBird's Santa Barbara County Rare Bird Alert