Date: 11/2/18 8:35 am
From: Jacque Brown <bluebird2...>
Subject: Re: Hummingbird food
I have Pineapple Sage, I had a really good stand of it for 8 years but less and less came back in the spring the last two years. After it died back last year it didnít come up this year. Where I had it planted started to get really shady.

I bought two plants last spring and put them in a pot. Itís really beautiful right now. I plan to buy more in the spring, it does best in the ground and I think I found where I want to plant it where it will get more sun. The only problem with this plant is it doesnít bloom until the hummers have mostly left this area and it is toast after the first good frost if it isnít well protected.

I hope my Rufus Hummer shows up again this year. It was only here for a few weeks last year but if it survived the year it knows I have food out. Jacque Brown, Centerton.

> On Nov 2, 2018, at 9:59 AM, Bill Shepherd <stoneax63...> wrote:
>
> Shrimp plant (not native) also blooms far into the cold months, and hummingbirds love it. But I don't know how far north it can survive.
>
> Bill Shepherd

Join us on Facebook!