Date: 11/1/18 4:41 pm
From: Jim Forde <jimforde...>
Subject: [ia-bird] Black Scoters at Hawkeye Wildlife Area
At sunrise I scoped a distant 3 juv./female BLACK SCOTERS from the DNR headquarters parking lot. At that time scoping was good except for the dim light but
backlighting would have been a problem later. After the noon hour the scoters were absent when I rechecked the spot.

Also seen from the parking lot were 21 COMMON LOONS which must be the high count for Hawkeye. And occasionally they could be heard.

Jim Forde
Cedar Rapids