Date: 10/30/18 1:44 pm
From: Nicholas Mrvelj <nickmrvelj...>
Subject: [obol] Re: Portland birding group
Birders,

-The Audubon Society of Portland offers bird walks quite consistently
throughout the year. You can view upcoming walks and sign up here:
https://www.meetup.com/Portland-Audubon-Outings/
<https://www.meetup.com/Portland-Audubon-Outings/>.
-There is Birder's Night at the Audubon Society in Portland. It is held the
first Tuesday of each month, at the Portland Audubon House, 5151 NW Cornell
Road @ 7:00 pm.
-The Oregon Birding Association offers field trips periodically throughout
the year, but usually outside of the Portland metro area. Ken Chamberlain
is the field trip chair, and a really nice guy, who I believe is open to
having new field trip ideas proposed to him along with people to lead them.
Here's a link: https://oregonbirding.org/oba-field-trips/
-The Christmas Bird Count for the city of Portland is quickly approaching.
It will be held on January 5th this year. Here's a link with more
information: https://audubonportland.org/local-birding/cbc
-Lastly, there is a group of birders that meet up in Portland every month
or so at local breweries. If you'd like more information about that, send
me an e-mail off list.

I share all this just to let you know of some of the preexisting groups and
organizations that are already up and running in the Portland area. There
are surprising number of birders of all skills levels that live in the
city. I meet more and more talented birders each and every year that live
here, and its quite impressive. I like your idea, and good luck with the
organizing. :-)

Cheers,
-Nick Mrvelj (Portland)