Date: 10/29/18 10:32 am
From: James Morgan <jlmm...>
Subject: Re: Scissor-tailed number
A few years back, we saw what had to have been in the several hundred in
Elkins east of Fayetteville. Everywhere I looked to the west from the
intersection of highway 15 & 74 were long tailed birds on the wires and
the trees around the two banks and extending South from the Shell Gas
station. Gave up trying to count and went back to farming. Didn't have
my bins with me.

Jim Morgan

Fayetteville, AR

On 10/29/2018 9:55 AM, data _null_; wrote:
> On Thursday 25OCT2018 I noticed about 10 sitting wires in the rain.
> They were in the cow field next to me near Caddo Gap.
>
> GPS: 34.357573, -93.670390
>

> On Mon, Oct 29, 2018 at 9:35 AM Sandy Berger <sndbrgr...>
> <mailto:<sndbrgr...>> wrote:
>
> Excellent. Thanks for letting me know.
>
> Sandy
>
> On Mon, Oct 29, 2018 at 9:23 AM Charles Anderson
> <cmanderson...> <mailto:<cmanderson...>> wrote:
>
> Ruth and I were at Sunnymede on Saturday afternoon and counted
> 16 Scissor-tailed flycatchers. Amazing.
>
>  Chuck Anderson
>

> Sent from my iPhone
>
> > On Oct 29, 2018, at 9:14 AM, Sandy Berger <sndbrgr...>
> <mailto:<sndbrgr...>> wrote:
> >
> > I had 11 Scissor-tailed Flycatchers at an intersection in
> Fort Smith, with another four at Sunnymede Park just a couple
> of blocks away.
> >
> > Of course Ebird questioned my numbers. I can understand. I
> often get Scissor-tailed Flycatchers confused with House
> Finches. 😉
> >
> > Sandy B
> > FS

Join us on Facebook!