Date: 10/29/18 10:06 am
From: Alan Contreras <acontrer56...>
Subject: [obol] Re: Coast Birds Today
The only thing I will add to Tye’s summary is that the adult Northern Shrike along s jetty road was the first adult we have seen there this fall. A couple of imms have been around.

Anyone looking for the Swamp Sparrow, it’s on the river side of 126 right by the “pedestrian warning” image sign just downriver from the Cushman store complex.

It might be worth mentioning that the last three Swamps I have seen in the Florence area have all been in riverside grass and brush. Two of these wintered, obviously we don’t know about the latest one. These sites are all subject to seasonal and peak tide flooding, which may be enough to create the right habitat for Swampys.

Someone mentioned a question about where the cacklers are making landfall. We had steady movements all along the Lane coast and at Yachats, Lincoln Co.

Alan Contreras
<acontrer56...>
Eugene, Oregon

www.alanlcontreras.com