Date: 10/27/18 1:24 pm
From: Tim Rodenkirk <timrodenkirk...>
Subject: [obol] Coos Birds this AM 10/27/18
I started at the Ni-les’tun unit of Bandon Marsh. Beautiful sunrise. Best
birds were 3 SHORT-EARED OWLS. Raptors included 3 harriers, 2 WT Kites,
and one each of RS and RT Hawk. Calling birds included 1-2 Soras, half a
dozen+ Virginia Rails, and a Swamp Sparrow.

Couldn’t refind Burrowing Owl at Bandon Dunes Golf Course but did hear a
Palm Warbler.

Bandon Marsh had 1100 Dunlin, 20 LB Dows, 17 BB Plovers and one juvie
PACIFIC GOLDEN-PLOVER.

Along south jetty the rockpiper flock only had Black T’s (60) and Surfbirds
(8). Also present was a flock of 150 Least Sands and a few Dunlin. Two
oystercatchers.

Looked for Burrowing Owl a second time without luck on way home and had
great looks at the Palm Warbler I had only heard earlier in the day.

Back in Coos Bay where rain looks not far off.

Happy Birding!
Tim R
Coos Bay

Join us on Facebook!