Date: 10/26/18 9:26 am
From: Courtney Kelly Jett <ckjannabirds...>
Subject: [obol] Re: Hawk Owl on Sauvie Island
Please if anyone refinds this Hawk Owl, please report on OBOL, incl location and time.

This is a “sensitive species” on ebird, which means no one can see anyone else’s checklists who reports it, and it won’t show up on any Rare or Needs Alerts. So if you just ebird your bird, no one will see it.

I can’t see details, only a fuzzy purple box, but poss there has only ever been one previous state record? (recorded on ebird), in Central Oregon area over winter months.

So thank you for helping others have a chance to see this one, by posting on OBOL.

I will try for it if rereported, and look forward to seeing it with good company,
I have enjoyed meeting many new (to me) Oregon birders the past couple months, chasing rarities, beginning new friendships :-)

Thanks!
Courtney

Courtney Kelly Jett, Bend, Oregon
Sent from a phone that is all brevity, no wit
Sent from a phone low on wits, high on bits

> On Oct 25, 2018, at 6:53 PM, Harry Nehls <hnehls6...> wrote:
>
> Obolers,
>
> John Crowell just called. He was on Sauvie Island today and observed a Hawk Owl along Reeder Road around the east side viewing platform. It flew around a bit but remained near the roadway.
>
> Good luck
>

> Harry Nehls
> Portland, Oregon

Join us on Facebook!