Date: 10/25/18 8:23 pm
From: Ross Silcock <silcock...> [NEBirds] <NEBirds...>
Subject: RE: [NEBirds] Mute Swans (not a sighting)
Thanks to the folks who replied to my Mute Swan question. Apparently most are indeed taken into barns etc but some are wintered outdoors by keeping water open artificially.

Much appreciated.

Ross Silcock
Seasonal Reports Compiler
Nebraska Bird Review
Co-Author “Birds of Nebraska- Online”
https://www.birdsofnebraska.org
Tabor, IA
402-618-4933

On October 22, 2018 at 11:18 AM "Ross Silcock <silcock...> [NEBirds]" <NEBirds...> wrote:

Does anyone know what happens to the non-wild Mute Swans in the Omaha area in winter? I'm thinking of the Omaha swans at Heartland of America Park, Zorinsky Lake, Regency, as well as Yanney Lake in Kearney.

I assume they're collected up and kept indoors, but if anyone can provide info, I'd really appreciate it.

Ross