Date: 10/24/18 9:02 pm
From: Christopher Armstrong <chrisleearmstrong...>
Subject: [obol] Re: Bald Eagle nest building
That’s amazing. There was a pair of eagles nesting a couple miles from my house, but I have not seen them this year yet. I am hoping they come back again this year. Forest Park must be a great place to bird.

I hope you enjoy the pair you have found.

Chris Armstrong
Beaverton

Sent from my iPad

> On Oct 24, 2018, at 8:51 PM, Andy Frank <andydfrank...> wrote:
>
> Bald Eagles have nested in Forest Park in Portland the past few years, and being within walking distance of our home, my wife (who normally is not that interested in birds) and I have frequently walked there to check on them. It was great fun watching the 2 eaglets fledge this past spring. Though difficult to see exactly what happened, shortly after they fledged it appeared that much of the nest had broken off.
>
> We were concerned that due to this they might choose another place to nest next year.
>
> This week we walked by the tree with the nest and suddenly an adult Bald Eagle flew in carrying a large stick which it added to the nest. It flew off and quickly returned with another stick. Then we heard what we assume was its mate call.
>
> Having enjoyed seeing that so much, we returned the following day and were treated to seeing one of the eagles on the nest and then the other flying in with another stick. Looks like they'll be back again this coming year, and so will we.
>
> BOGR confirms Bald Eagles can work on nest building any month of the year, but I still find it fascinating that despite nesting being many months away they are already working on preparing the nest for then.
>
> Andy Frank

Join us on Facebook!